Seafair will continue to follow the State of Washington’s “Safe Return to Running” guidelines to ensure the safety of all participants. We are very hopeful that mass swim starts will be allowed and under the current guidelines, because we keep our swim wave starts small, starting within our current timelines are deemed safe and acceptable. Also at this time, we will require masks before your race, within the transition zone, while passing on your run and after you finish your race. Because we know you cannot swim with a mask, we will provide a throw away mask once out of the water.
IF things change, we will switch our swim start to a “time trial” start where we allow one swimmer in the water at a time :10 to :15 seconds apart. If this happens, we will allow participants to start between 7:00am – 8:00am whenever they’d like to start by themselves regardless of age group.
We will do everything we can to ensure this triathlon is ran as “normal” as possible while ensuring the safety of all participants.
- When is the race? The race is set for Sunday, July 25, 2021
- Where is the race located? Lake Sammamish State Park, Issaquah WA
- When/Where do I collect my race “stuff”? – Saturday, July 24 in Issaquah (specific location TBD) between 12:00pm – 4:00pm at the pre-race expo or on race day before 6:30am (please come Saturday to allow time for body marking)
- What kind of goodies do I get for participating?
- 2021 Seafair Triathlon participant top
- 2021 Finisher Medal
- Timing Chip, Swim Cap
- What about goggles? Goggles are not provided by the race, but highly encouraged!
- Personalized Race Bib
- What distances are offered?
- Sprint Distance
- 2 & 3 person sprint distance relay teams
- Sprint Distance Duathlon
- Super Sprint Distance
- Kids long & short courses
- Is Lake Sammamish cold? Shouldn’t be – Typically the average temperature in July is about 68 degrees.
- What about milfoil? You shouldn’t have any issues here either. Milfoil should be trimmed prior to race.
- Where do I park? Parking IS allowed in Lake Samm State Park, but you’ll either need a discovery pass or pay a 1-day parking fee of $10 at a park kiosk.
- Is this race sanctioned by USA Triathlon? No – what this means is you do not have to be an annual member of USAT of 1-Day member.
- If I cannot participate, can I get a refund? Unfortunately, we do not provide refunds. We are happy to defer race entries to the following year if you so choose or can transfer your entry to a friend/family member. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Is there prize money? YES – there will be prize money awards for the top finishers of the sprint distance elite-wave. $200 for 1st (m/f) plus free entry to 2021, $100 for 2nd (m/f) plus free entry to 2021 and a free race entry to 2021 for 3rd place (m/f)
- How do I enter the elite wave? Please email us with your past 3 race times and placements in a comparable distance – email@example.com
- Can I draft? Nope! Triathlon rules state that you need to keep at least a 3 bike length distance at all times unless passing. If passing, you have 15 seconds to make the pass or fall back
- How bout headphones? No again. It is extremely unsafe to ride with headphones. If we see you wearing headphones on the bike course, we will pull you from the race.
- What about on the run course in Seward Park? Sure, please keep the volume low enough to hear people and emergency vehicles around you though.
- Do I need to wear a helmet? YES – When touching your bike (even in the transition zone) you helmet must be on and the chin strap fastened, for your safety
- Can I ride my bike from my bike rack? Nope – You must walk/run your bike to/from your rack in the transition zone. You will not be allowed to mount your bike until the “bike mount” line outside of the transition zone and you must dismount your bike at the “bike dismount” line before re-entering the transition zone
- Can I wear my wetsuit? Of course! wetsuits will keep your body temperature up (and help you float a bit better)
- What about my drysuit? Nope – Drysuits are not allowed (and really not needed, water temps will average 68 degrees)
- I can wear a life jacket right? No life jackets or any other flotation devices will be allowed in the water either (please email us for special circumstances at firstname.lastname@example.org)
- What if I get tired on the swim? We recommend flipping to your back and continuing. If that doesn’t help, you are allowed to hold on to a lifeguards surfboard and rest. If they tow you in, you’ll be disqualified from awards but will be allowed to continue to the bike and run
- Ok, I get it, but my kids can right? YES! Your kids can wear a life jacket and/or water wings if needed, whatever gets them to the finish line!
2019 Seafair Triathlon Race Results & Photos HERE
2018 Seafair Triathlon Race Results – HERE
2018 Seafair Triathlon Photos – HERE
2017 Seafair Triathlon Race Results – HERE
2016 Seafair Triathlon Race Results – HERE
2015 Seafair Triathlon Race Results – HERE
Need more information or have additional questions you cannot find on our website?
Please email us at email@example.com